Education Projects Overview
Our team has been involved in designing education buildings for over 20 years, while working in different architect’s practices. We passionately believe that adventurous architecture can be liberating and enriching for staff and students.
Our collective knowledge and experience of education projects means we are accustomed to working at the scale and complexity they require.
Also, some of the challenges faced during the design and construction of education buildings are common to other building types.
- Older buildings that are no longer fit for purpose, for example due to new teaching methods
- Listed buildings that cannot easily be modified or extended or their use changed
- Critical deadlines and project schedules
- Aligning deadlines and schedules with term times and holidays, or carrying out works while the buildings are in use
- Health and safety, security and well-being during and after the project
- Funding constraints
Much of our education architecture work has been focused on secondary schools, particularly in the independent school sector.
Our skill set is transferrable to early years, nursery and primary and to Further and Higher Education projects.
We passionately believe that adventurous architecture can be liberating and enriching for the staff and students using education buildings.
- Architectural skills tailored to schools
- Best practice technical expertise
- Experience work on a variety of school building types
- Experience of working with listed buildings
- A collaborative approach
Working on education projects gives us the opportunity to use the built environment to inspire young people.
We would love to hear from you if you are considering a new education building or a retrofit, remodelling and extension of existing buildings at your school. Enquire.