We start with helping you to prepare a brief. This is all about turning your aspirations into a deliverable and costed plan.
After initial discussions, we’ll meet with you to discuss your ideas, matching your aspirations and budget.
We’ll then go with you to visit the site to explore project feasibility and look at possible orientation, layout and size. Following this we will create a brief that acts as a guide or reference point throughout the duration of the project. Preparation work also includes:
- Site appraisals including possible constraints and opportunities on site, in the surrounding area, and relating to adjacent buildings
- Reviewing any existing building surveys or drawings
- Preliminary cost indications, helping you to get a ballpark idea of the investment required
- Pre-application planning discussions including potential pitfalls that we could help to overcome
- Advice on any need for consultants or specialist information
At this stage, we’ll challenge and inspire you and encourage you to be adventurous.